DoctorHOOper

Dr "HOO" & the Big Blue Box

Doctor Who's TARDIS and books...bigger on the inside and can take you any where in space and time. An open mind begins with an open book.

Child of the Dark: The Diary of Carolina Maria de Jesus
Teaching Tolerance Text Selection Tool 3
Teaching Tolerance Text Selection Tool 4
Teaching Tolerance Text Selection Tool 4
Jim Thorpe, Original All-American - Joseph Bruchac

The pictures attached are the Teaching Tolerance Text Selection Tool which I utilized for analyzing cultural authenticity.

Citation

Bruchac, Joseph. Jim Thorpe: Original All-American. New York, NY: Dial /Walden Media, 2006. Print.

Synopsis

Complete with photographs, this biography of the "world's greatest athlete" will inspire readers to dream and to work to achieve those dreams. The story is told in Jim's voice and gives modern readers insight into the Native American psyche.

Author

Today, Joseph Bruchac lives in the same house he was raised in by my grandparents. He has traveled all over the United States and lived in Africa.  He is a Native American and continues to read and to listen to stories from elders. He believes that we have to listen to each other and to the earth, that we have to respect each other and the earth, that we never know anyone until we know what they have in their heart.

Awards